Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Today's Run - Wednesday, 2/6

Managed to get in 8 miles in about 62 minutes this morning. Really jazzed to get in 8--my old standard for weekday morning runs. Did 4 intervals of a 1/2 mile each at about 3 minutes per. Sprinkled in 2 minute recoveries. While I was definitely on the slow side, I felt strong. I do think the dark and the ice slowed me down a bit.

A few days ago, I decided to double my daily consumption of branched chain amino acids. I first started on aminos a few years ago when I learned they were a key part of Paul Terranova's recovery between races during his very successful Grand Slam. Anyway, I'm now taking four capsules daily and I think it's making a difference as I'm noticing better recovery between runs. Only time will tell if this is the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment