Here is my straightforward advice based on 10 FAQs I get. As you will see, I am trying to keep this simple.
- What shoes should I wear/get? Whatever you have and whatever feels comfortable.
- How should I build up my fitness? By going for a run today. Then tomorrow. Then the day after tomorrow. And so on. Keep repeating.
- How often should I run a week? As often as you want.
- How do I balance the demands of life if I start running? I try to make my life simple and I also wake up before dawn to get in my runs. Anyone can do this.
- How do I wake up before dawn every day and keep that sustainable? By getting out of bed when the alarm goes off and then going to bed by 9 so you can get in adequate sleep.
- What do I do if it's super cold outside? Wear layers. As the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad weather; only bad preparation.
- What if it's dark outside? Bring a light.
- Should I stretch? If you feel tight.
- What should I eat? Fuel that is close to the source.
- What should I drink? Water.
That is all.