Like many runners, Wyatt has a weight-loss story. He has lost 53 lbs. since 2003, thanks to a diet consisting of healthy fats, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables and limited whole grains. Today, as the obesity epidemic kills millions, he is passionate about promoting healthy, active living and inspiring people. He does have a few weaknesses, though: chips, pizza and good malbec wine (which he doesn't try to avoid because you gotta live, right?).
Wyatt is available for writing invitations and product reviews and welcomes the opportunity to speak at events. Please contact him via e-mail.
- Completed nearly 40 marathons and ultramarathons, including 6 races of 100+ miles
- Thirteen top-5 finishes
- Sub 25-hour finisher (22:35/29th overall in 2011 and 24:47 in 2010), Leadville Trail 100-Mile Run (2010 and 2011) - run between 9,200 feet and 12,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies, with four mountain crossings
- 5th overall, Cheyenne Mountain 50K (2012)
- 5th overall, Greenland Trail 50K (2010)
- Winner, Mohican Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run (2009)
- 9th overall, 130.67 miles, USA 24-Hour National Championship (2009)
- 4th overall, Mohican Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run (2008)
- Winner, Winter Buckeye Trail 50K (2008)
- 6th overall, Burning River 100-Mile Endurance Run (2007)
- Marathon PR: 2:58:28 (Cleveland, 2008)
- Boston Marathon finisher (2006 and 2007)
- Don Stanley Runner of the Year, Cleveland Southeast Running Club (2007)
6'2", 168 lbs.
Favorite Running Brands
Favorite Running Brands
- Shoes: Saucony, Asics, Salomon
- Apparel: North Face, Salomon, Mountain Hardwear
- Nutrition: Hammer Nutrition (especially Hammer Perpetuem for long races, Hammer Recoverite for recovery, Hammer Gel for energy, and Hammer Endurolytes for electrolyte balance)
Favorite Places to Run
- Manitou Incline
- Barr Trail (Pikes Peak)
- Colorado Trail (particularly in the Leadville, CO area)
- Mount Falcon
- Deer Creek Canyon
- Boulder peaks (done 'em all multiple times except Sanitas)
Tim Twietmeyer: First off, he won Western States five times and is the only person to ever have 25 sub-24-hour finishes at WS. He also finished top-10 at Western States a record 15 times. He was dominant despite the fact that he had a full-time management job at Hewlett Packard and a family. Yeah, he wasn't working at some running store with tons of free time to train. Tim paid his dues and worked his ass off to get what he earned--all while taking care of his family and mowing the lawn every weekend. Other runners Wyatt admires include Dave Mackey, Mike Morton, Footfeathers, Lucho, Dean Karnazes, Karl Meltzer, Yiannis Kouros, Steve Prefontaine and Ryan Hall.
Current Favorite Beers
- Fat Tire (brewed out of Fort Collins, CO)
- Tommy Knockers Amber (brewed out of Idaho Springs, CO)
- Michelob Ultra (sorry, I know it's like water, but it's what I drink when training hard because of its low-calorie content and the fact that I can still enjoy a brew without it making me fat)